5 reasons why YOU should have senior portraits taken
No matter if you're about to be or are already a high school/college senior, I think you should definitely have your senior portraits taken. Some people may argue that it's a waste of time and money, and that's fine because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm here to tell you exactly why you should get some senior pictures taken!
1. Your senior year of school is an important one. And dang, it goes by quickly. When you get your senior portraits taken, it allows you to freeze time for just a second. You get to bask in all of the incredible feelings of completing a chapter in your life.
2. Most seniors send out graduation announcements. Why not compliment the announcement with a photo of you? Listen, we live in such a visual world, and people enjoy looking at pictures of other people. Don't believe me - have you ever heard of Instagram and Snapchat? They're literally just filled with pictures of you and other people. A beautiful, recent photograph of you would be the icing on the cake to your beautiful graduation announcements.
3. Graduation photos make great presents. Stumped on what to get your mom for her birthday or your grandma for Christmas? A framed photo of you would be perfect! Chances are, they'll be set out on the hearth or shelf and will be shown to every guest that walks through the door.
4. It's just plain fun. We get to spend an hour together, often times touring around your soon-to-be Alma Mater, I aim to make you feel like a celebrity, and it's literally all about you. I try to provide pretty good entertainment too; I may or may not sing stupid songs and say, "Yes, you're perfect!" and squeal repeatedly during our time together.
5. And most importantly, it gives you an updated, professional photograph of yourself that you can use for your Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, etc. profile picture. First impressions are often lasting impressions. It's always a good thing to ditch that selfie with a filter and replace it with a professional, current image. They look great and, trust me, your future employers are looking. These pictures are perfect for resumes, scholarship applications, and all the other things.